The Business Analyst conducts business process analyses, needs assessment, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align with business initiatives. Ensures the Balanced Scorecard is maintained, delivered and improved upon. Acts as the liaison between the Organizational Effectiveness team and Business Units to help them implement metrics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Capture, analyze, and report trends using core databases and ancillary systems.
* Define KPIs, metrics and collect data (Balanced Scorecard).
* Generate metrics reports on both a scheduled and ad hoc basis.
* Research, analyze, and present data as assigned.
* Develop standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics.
* Meet with management to discuss and clarify requests for projects, highlight issues, and make recommendations to address issues and priorities.
* Write detailed reports and make oral presentations to management.
* Perform small group facilitation.
* Troubleshoot data and reports.
* Identify and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
* Conduct inquiries pertaining to potential opportunities to meet current and projected business needs.
* Write specifications of user needs and requirements for new or existent opportunities
* Prepare plans and implementation schedules.
* Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area.
* Duties and tasks are varied and complex, are performed under general supervision, and typically require originality and/or ingenuity to accomplish.
* Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
* May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel
* Experience in Tableau, Microstrategy or similar business intelligence tools
* Experience in SQL database & Data Warehousing database to pull information and display in a visual manner
* Experience in working with data warehouses and ability to link information from multiple data sources
* Advanced analytical skills vs. analysis skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong communications and customer service skills
* Functional knowledge of business processes and an understanding of how to establish/develop/capture requirements metrics.
* Strong data visualization
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently, resolve project issues, meet deadlines and escalate appropriately to management.
* Ability to effectively communicate to various audiences within managerial levels.
* Strong teamwork capabilities with experience in working within a matrix management environment.
* Strong planning, time management and decision-making skills.
* Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assignments, and have the latitude to adapt procedures, processes and techniques.
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Powerpoint) skills required.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Advanced PC skills
* Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s Degree required
– 2+ years work experience in an analytics and/or analyst role
– Analytics backgrounds preferred
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.