Material Handler – Night Shift D
Requisition Number: 189890
Work Location: Gurnee, IL
Key Responsibilities (Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- Employee will read and comprehend operating manuals, and follow all instructions and written procedures.
- Drive forklift as needed and maintain a clean and orderly working environment.
- Document inventory movement transactions in accordance with GMP.
- Employee will read shop orders, request designated raw material from warehouse and stage to designated work center; load resin material in hopper and set dryer; mix materials as designated in work order; set up regrind station; visually and audibly monitor each work center to insure continuous operations.
- Collect, identify, and stage regrind at designated staging area, grind scrap material as required, sort and store purgings; perform line clearances; monitor material usage to insure continuous operations; record all lot number changes; insure all materials and associated equipment are properly identified and labeled.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and supervisor to insure continuous production operation.
- Package and palletize product in accordance with product plans and work instructions.
- Stage materials for production.
- Take physical inventory when required.
- Required to assist the Quality Shift Supervisors as directed.
- Support all company safety, six sigma and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed based on the requirements of the department.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with a good command of the English language.
- Lift and carry 40 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to perform basic functions on a RF handheld.
- Intermediate math and literacy level required.
- Use pallet jack, forklift, hand truck, ladder, and safety equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Work a rotating shift schedule.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.