Requisition Number: 193482
Work Location: Singapore,
Develop and implement supply chain strategies and optimize the overall cost of materials. Quarterly Nego Expansion & Commodity Projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Develop and implement Jabil Supply Chain (SCM) strategies
– Develop supply base and supply chain strategies for Strategic materials, especially Electronics & Electro-mechanicals materials
– Develop and implement Commodity HIP projects
– Influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of Jabil. Initiate RFQ activity, analyze the results and make recommendations to the SCDM/BU/customer that justify AML / sourcing changes to Jabil Strategic and BU Strategic Suppliers.
– Improve sourcing options and maximize cost efficiency by working with Jabil’s internal resources and production facilities, as well as the customer’s engineering and procurement staff, to incorporate Jabil qualified and/or strategic suppliers on the customer’s Approved Manufacturer’s List (AML)
– Communicate Jabil’s expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit/visits, certifications and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base.
– Collaborate with Jabil Commodity Management to identify suppliers for expanding quarterly negotiation coverage.
– Work with Supply Chain Process Manager & CQA to bring untapped supply base under Quarterly Nego Coverage.
– Lead efforts to improve Jabil SCM initiatives and strategies
– Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions
– Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interests of Jabil and its customers, including liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard Jabil terms and conditions
– Continuously optimize financial performance by reducing the cost of materials and by limiting unfavorable variances
– Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
– Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Materials Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or related discipline
– Three to five years experience in electronics manufacturing and materials planning is preferred
– Some knowledge in electromechanical parts like cables, swtiches, gears, connectors would be preferred.
– Certification by a related professional organization (such as APICS and NAPM) is preferred
– Some domestic and international travel is required