Automation Technician II – Nights – DEVENS
Requisition Number: 194886
Work Location: Clinton, MA
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Nypro Healthcare, a Jabil company, offers healthcare and pharmaceutical customers the widest array of design and manufacturing capabilities in the industry. With more than 40 years of experience, our highly specialized teams meet the complex and regulated demands of the diagnostics, medical devices and pharmaceutical markets enabling the world’s leading brands to fulfill their market potential. Nypro Healthcare’s customer focused services range from ideation to device development support, engineering, supply chain optimization, vertical plastics and electronics to device assembly operations, all at our purpose-built facilities that support stringent healthcare requirements and protect our customers’ intellectual property.
Working under general supervision, plans, maps, sequences and performs assembly of complex electrical, mechanical and pneumatic robotic and equipment from verbal and written instructions. Performs layout of mechanical, pneumatic and electrical schematics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly automation equipment.
– Makes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment
– Performs equipment failure analysis, repairs, and scheduled preventative maintenance on robotic and automated equipment.
– Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
– Assists in installing new automated equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
– Creates new robot programs and edit existing robot programs.
– Updates manuals and programs for automated equipment.
– Keeps accurate reports of all activities performed on each piece of equipment.
– Provides input to engineering staff on areas for machine improvements.
– Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
– Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
– High School Diploma or GED and 2 year technical certificate or 4+ years experience in machine assembly including mechanical, electrical and pneumatic components
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.