Manages one or more information Systems or Services functions for a specific user group/functional area/region or the entire organization. Responsible for analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware and software, and database management. Provides overall leadership to the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. Ensures infrastructure architecture standards to maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility. Position is typically focused on internal IT service delivery for employees, but may have an external client focus if involved with company-hosted, web-enabled, or outsourced solutions delivery.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Define, develop and implement a department strategy, which contributes to the business strategic direction.
– Develop and communicate an understanding of the business strategy as it pertains to other IT Departments.
– Understand and communicate business strategy and develop application & technical infrastructure to support this strategy.
– Deliver IT services in line with business requirements to internal customers, standardize platforms, and ensure Hardware/Software/Solution meets baseline compliance and implementation standards.
– Financial Management/ Cost Center Management; forecasting of costs and management of IT financials for your IT cost center including variance analysis. Management of Assets, Capital Costs, Prepare ROI related documentation and Business Cases. Prepare and Analyze financial data and results. Create action plans as needed.
– Responsibility for financial forecasting and cost management of group IT function.
– Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
– Accountability for the overall provision of an end to end IT service across agreed services.
– Accountability for driving the IT service agenda and for facilitating and implementing IT service improvements across the business.
– The communication and management of operational IT service issues.
– Collaborate with internal IT teams to effectively deliver services to end users.
– To identify, track and manage key operational risks to the service, providing strong co-ordination with the business, IT and Operational Risk. High attention given, but not limited to, business continuity, IT audit requirements and software compliance.
– Drive metrics management and performance of IT support and services with a focus on a data driven continuous improvement approach.
– Collaborate with, and understand the needs of internal/external customers from a business process and product perspective to help drive key IT solutions for driving operational efficiencies.
– Accountable for accurate and timely delivery of monthly reporting to the business.
– Accountability for the provision of a reliable and stable service which meets the customer’s needs and is sustainable.
– Drive awareness of change management activity for high category services ensuring that the business impact of change activity is understood and risks to business processing highlighted.
– Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the IT function.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Technology.
– Plus 6 to 8 years experience in a relevant Jabil IT position OR equivalent external work experience, including at least 5 years experience in a supervisory or management role within an Information Technology department.
– ITIL Foundation Certification Preferred.
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil is an equal employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.