Requisition Number: 199964
Work Location: WUXI, Jiangsu
Provides Lean expertise and guidance through the development, documentation, implementation, and validation of focused and sustainable value stream transformation. Will facilitate building of synergies across a specific value stream to enable cross-functional collaboration and best practices sharing and implementation. Provide coaching and development opportunities to strengthen overall capabilities of a value stream. Engrain process excellence improvement energy and capabilities within the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Value Stream Alignment with Lean Vision and Strategy:
– Work closely with the Lean Six Sigma Manager to introduce and sustain a Lean culture into a value stream.
– Provide coaching and support on value stream design sessions, project identification, and prioritization.
– Monitor, coach, and continuously improve Value Stream transformation initiatives to ensure continuous and aggressive throughput time reduction.
Building a Lean Production System and Lean Culture:
– Be a leader, mentor and coach towards integration of Lean principles, values, philosophies and tools for driving continuous improvement through Kaizen Events along a value stream.
– Work with value stream owners to create a system to ensure people development through value stream focused Kaizen Events, Blitzes, and Lean projects.
– Develop a best practice sharing internal network supported by the use of eKaizen.
– Responsible for the Lean Shop Floor Series.
– A coach and active facilitator in Bronze Certification projects and mentoring sessions.
– Be an active participant in the Lean Silver Certification.
– Lead by example and model the desired behaviors and values.
– Foster respect for people and humility through mentoring and coaching through the site’s Lean journey.
– Encourage risk taking and experimentation using the scientific method.
– Maintain proficiency in the latest Lean approaches.
– Align with the local Lean rewards & recognition program.
– Align with Finance to bring the impact of projects that are part of Lean program into Jabil’s financial processes.
System Measurement and Feedback:
– Responsible for value stream transformation metrics and data integrity within eKaizen.
– Ensure the Lean Index Assessment is being used to measure and enhance value stream transformation.
– Leverage factory floor knowledge and employee feedback propose improvements to Lean Six Sigma Managers.
Ensure Program and Cultural Sustainability:
– Develop and mentor lean leaders to facilitate and lead Kaizen Events.
– Support Lean Six Sigma Managers to propose and develop a strategies in support of the standardization of effectiveness of the sites Lean program.
– Anticipate and meet/exceed customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively.
– Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position.
– Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and ethics policies.
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline preferred.
– At least 1 to 2 years experience as QE, IE, Planner, Line Manager or equivalent position.
– Bronze Certified by Jabil or by recognized organizations in the industry (e.g. ASQ, SME, Shingo Prize).
– Project and facilitation experience in a heavily matrixed environment.
– Experience in change management, project management, and financial management.
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.