Quality Inspector II
Requisition Number: 206901
Work Location: Asheville, NC
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.
Performs complex inspection procedures on all types of circuit boards (medium to large, complex double-sided) and assemblies to ensure quality levels are met at pre-ship and at the final stages of production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Makes intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance with quality standards.
– Verifies correct machine set-up prior to running assemblies.
– Selects and reads appropriate documentation from a broad range of reference materials.
– Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
– Applies knowledge of electrical principles and interpretation of Jabil Quality Control Standards in determining pass/fail of inspected part or assembly.
– Accesses customer quality inspection systems via computer, communicates with customer regarding inspection and quality issues, and conducts Post Pack Audits and Direct Fulfillment in-process Inspections.
– Determines cause and effect of defects, and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
– Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action.
– Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
– Trains other employees in Quality Control processes and procedures.
– Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary.
Education & Experience Requirements
– High School diploma or equivalent.
– 2 to 6 years experience in a relevant Jabil production position.
– Advanced PC Skills and training and experience in applicable software packages.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. This position requires U.S. citizenship. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.