Quality Systems Engineer / ISO/ Document Control
Requisition Number: 210440
Work Location: Memphis, TN
Do you want to join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who’s company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world’s largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
Direct Quality and FA Engineers Worldwide for Workcell Staff in operating within area of assigned responsibilities with a high level of efficiency, integrity and enthusiasm, striving to achieve excellence in all endeavors. Represent the quality function of technical support, in conjunction with other internal support groups with all Worldwide Workcell Members, regarding issues affecting, Quality, lean manufacturing, and six sigma quality initiatives on global customer accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
– Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility
– Review and analyze field and manufacturing line component failures, and corrective actions; feedback to engineering; generate pareto and trend charts; drive corrective actions
– Coordinate and generate failure analysis and corrective action reports for component issues
– Review and guide component reliability testing, provide technical assistance in the testing and checking of assigned parts specialized fields such as physical, functional and environmental testing
– Work with quality, production, manufacturing, suppliers and subcontractors to discuss and resolve quality aspects of specialized parts, materials and assemblies
– DPM expectations are clearly communicated to the supply base
– Communicate changes in Jabil DPM expectations on a timely basis
– Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the Worldwide plant quality and functional management departments, associated with new quality initiatives (process control tools)
– Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
– Prepare and present customer presentations related to quality improvement initiatives
– Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly
– Define, develop and implement Quality Engineering strategies, which contribute to the campus strategic directions
– Provide regular updates to Quality Engineering Manager on the execution of the strategy
– Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
– Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value
– Provide feedback to Test Engineering Manager & workcell manager on cost and cost trends
– Review all supplier discrepancies. Coordinate and track the corrective/preventative action effort.
– Participate in the vendor survey activities as applicable. Drive proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
– Interface and provide technical support on component quality issues with the customer as needed
– Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
– Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
– May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Three to five years experience
– Experience with integration and implementation of MES processes and tools/systems
– Specific experience with implementation and use of RAD (Real time alerting DPMO software) is highly desirable
– Experience with process mapping/improvement and requirements definition and analysis
– Experience with definition and documentation of business requirements and system specification
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.