Sr. Program Manager – Automotive
Requisition Number: 209476
Work Location: Jena, Thüringen
San Jose, CA,
Passionate about optics technology for automotive solutions destined for the most cutting-edge automobiles in the world? Then join Jabil Optics leading global Jabil teams as we develop optical products successfully into manufacturing for our customers to power safety critical automotive systems. Be the key project customer focal point translating their requirements into effective plans and execution utilizing Jabil team capabilities across Europe, Asia, and the USA. Projects may include optics, mechanical, and electrical components, process development, active alignment, test and manufacturing solutions. You will have full accountability for project customer interface, budgets, schedules, risks, issues, execution and status.
The Senior Program Manager will facilitate and lead strategic initiatives for large multi-faceted projects which may be customer/division specific or company-wide. Provides management and guidance to multi-functional project teams and/or other Project or Program Managers. Manages and enhances customer relationships. Provides full accountability for project budgets, schedules, project management, and performance requirements for enterprise level projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Expert in full development life cycle with ability to lead team approach to match concept through MP ramp phases.
- Responsible for ensuring all customer and internal requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and rapidly driving iterative progress to meet
- Organize and manage work process of global program team and customer coordination
- Ensure capture of important notes and prioritized action items and driven to completion
- Responsible for recognizing project’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints
- Obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline
- Management of Resource capacity and time tracking allocated to project
- Financial Management and analysis of costs for programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER’s) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs
- Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results
- Able to effectively lead face to face, written, and data systems communication with customer and Jabil leadership teams
- Appropriately considers overall project and business goals in trade-off decisions driving data creation, analysis, and evaluation to optimize influenced cost, schedule, performance, and quality attributes.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
- Resolve program issues at the lowest level possible working with the program and customer teams and peer managers. Initiate appropriately the escalation of unresolved critical issues.
- Comprehend system level view of optics design, process development, test, and manufacturing with demonstrated leadership and usage of cross-discipline design and issue analysis and problem-solving methodologies
- Mentors and coaches project team members. Gives and receives both written and verbal feedback
Education & Experience Requirements
– Engineering or Science Bachelor degree, Master preferred
– Minimum of 10 years work-related experience required in complex, deadline driven technical program leadership positions including Asia and Europe locations
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management at automotive related company
– Statistics and financial analysis training
– Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent
– Expert business and technical English proficiency
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
– Ability to travel globally up to 50 %