Senior Product Relationship Manager – Acoustics
Requisition Number: 210407
Work Location: San Jose, CA
Jabil is a $17B diversified electronics manufacturing solutions provider and we are actively recruiting for a Senior Product Relationship Manager – Acoustics to join our team. If you thrive in a dynamic, rapidly evolving and demanding environment you will be an excellent fit in our organization.
An individual who has the expertise and passion in audio product development and has a good understanding of the audio industry, product trends and its delivery systems.
Able to convey technical solutions and understand design implication between the business personnel and other development engineers. Is equally comfortable giving customer exec presentations on audio solutions and working with engineering teams on deep technical solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain communication with project stakeholders and customers to manage expectations
- Support customer in answering queries and provide solution to match their concepts or ideas for their new products
- Lead and manage diverse project teams (both Internal/External) from concept stage to project delivery
- Participate in marketing/business development strategies
- Attend industry trade shows
- Risk assessment and management for new projects (reviewing new electrical/ mechanical design, modules, parts and new tooling)
- Conduct project meetings and reporting progress to project sponsors and stakeholders
- Travel occasionally to overseas site to manage project schedules with customers to ensure projects are on-time and quality assured
- Main customer focal point for all new product related activity
- Develop relationships directly with customer product teams including hardware and software design, marketing, field services, production test, supply chain and operations.
- Understand customer’s product development process and take full ownership for deliverables based on the customer’s timeline.
- Work with customer to achieve target pricing for product and the ability to deliver any agreed quarterly price reductions.
- Maintain clear understanding of both the internal and external requirements, e.g. technologies, cost targets, communication channels/tools, supply chain ownership, volumes, timelines, tooling requirements etc.
- Coordinate planning with all supply chain partners & customer and ensure ownership is defined.
- Develop and manage overall resource plan for the program and address any gaps required (i.e. technology, design, test, tooling, and engineering).
- Responsible for overall management of risks and opportunities for the program – including adequate contingencies and mitigation plans are in place, any potential program trade-offs, and communication and sign-off with the customer.
- Develop, track and report on overall program objectives, ensuring all are met on time to agreed deliverables across multiple manufacturing locations.
- Where applicable, coordinate and review quotations from partners/suppliers to determine if the quotations and proposals meet the objectives of the Product. Challenge any anomalies.
- Develop, track and manage the design cost forecast and actual against agreed targets.
- Support quarterly review pricing process and maintenance of AROD template.
- Ensure effective communication of all relevant customer information both internally and to the supply chain as appropriate.
- Communicate areas for improvement for Jabil and the supply chain (as required), based on feedback from the Customer Product Management Team.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Knowledge Requirements:
- Engineering or product development experience.
- Experience with manufacturing operations and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of the customer – product development, organization, and processes.
- Knowledge of end-market – product, technologies, customer requirements, competitors.
- Customer account management.
- Financial ROI analysis.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in Business Management, Information Technology or Engineering preferred. Masters or advanced degree in Product Management Preferred.
- 8+ years of related acoustic experience is a must
- Ability to travel 50% (overseas travel required)
- Ability to speak Chinese is strongly preferred
- Excellent reading, writing and speaking English
- Ability to work independently
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Successful applicants must fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.