The Principal Electrical Design Engineer for Semiconductor High Power Electronics is an individual contributor who will provide technical leadership at Jabil. The ideal candidate has experience developing devices/equipment for power distribution applications and tests; has strong technical understanding of power theory and technology trends; and is passionate about realizing innovative products in a fast paced environment with a diverse team.
The qualified candidate will be able to convey technical solutions to other engineers and to business personnel; will have a good understanding of multiple CAD packages and cross functional design implications; and capable of being the lead engineer involved in a cross functional team. They will be able to drive cross functional project teams in solving technical problems and overcoming hurdles that may affect project timelines, and will have previous experience of releasing a product into a manufacturing production environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Electrical engineering experience designing high power AC distribution boxes for the Semiconductor tools.
Experience designing to UL-508, NFPA-79 and SEMI S22 standards.
Design and build custom tools for Semiconductor, Solar manufacturing.
Design equipment to SEMI, NFPA-79, UL-508A standards
* Lead engineering project teams consisting of electrical, mechanical, and reliability engineers.
* Define technical, tests, and compliance requirements based on product concepts.
* Develop detailed equipment specifications, block diagrams, component selection, and bill of materials.
* Lead performance analysis and modeling, including thermal assessment, power flow simulations, FMEA (failure modes and effects analysis) etc.
* Support/lead the development, identification, and/or implementation of communication protocols, etc.
* Support/lead the development of testing and verification/validation programs.
* Lead the acquisition of compliance certifications (e.g., UL).
* Support project management and communication to executive management and other groups.
Education & Experience Requirements
– Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university and & PhD are pluses..
– Plus a minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training.
– With a minimum of 2 years experience as a Lead Engineer.
– Specific requirements as defined by the market sector.
– Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.