- Level 8 Qualification in electronic engineering, controls engineering, software engineering or similar discipline.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment with high volume automated assembly experience an advantage and medical device manufacturing experience in a regulated environment desirable.
- An electrical background / qualification would be advantageous.
- Able to work well in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
- Systematic troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership on technical issue resolution.
- Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Programming experience: PLC, C++, SQL.
- Good data analysis skills.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment on automated production equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues on large integrated automation cells, inclusive of interfacing PLCs, OEM hardware/controllers, machine networking, I/Os, etc.
- Understanding of and ability to work within a machine control network (MCN; inc. switches, VLANs, VMs, server, etc.).
- Working experience with Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLCs and automation solutions desirable.
- Working experience with Beckhoff Industrial PCs and automation solutions desirable.
- Working experience with various additional PLC vendors an advantage (Siemens, Elau, GE, etc.).
- Capability in vision system optimisation and development (Cognex, Keyence, etc.) an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, experience of MS Project , MS Access.
- CAD experience desirable
Responsibilities of Position:
- Provide PLC programming, Vision Systems, SCADA systems installation, networks, set-up, configurations, calibrations, troubleshooting and fault finding support.
- Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
- Travel as required to support equipment buy-offs and/or training at vendor/customer sites.
- Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
- Support manufacturing IT Systems architecture.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Constantly seeks to improve work processes; Has a quality-first mentality; Learns from internal and external best practices to apply to her/his work
- Supports all company Lean Manufacturing principles
- Manage assigned project budgets, liaise with customers, contractors as required.
- Develop systems equipment maintenance procedures.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.