Under general supervision, creates and maintains assembly instructions for the manufacturing operation. Responsible for inputting Bill of Materials (BOM) per the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, obtaining material pricing for the purchasing department and verifying completion of documentation packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares and maintains data storage on the Jabil computer network and master files per ISO standards.
· Prepares and implements Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s) for manufacturing assembly instructions
· Interprets customer documentation, drawings and blueprints for defining manufacturing process flow
· Works with the process area and engineering to define process flow
· Order stencils as needed, per stencil procedure
· Updates SAP routing and production status
· May assist in publishing weekly and monthly reports of department performance in accordance to established standards
· May be required to work overtime
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Coordinates the ECO activities for the business unit and work with other appropriate personnel to resolve problems that result from ECO activity.
· Assists in the timely completion of ECOs through documentation, validation/approval and basic input of materials and drawing information into the SAP system.
· Verifies ECO documentation packages for completeness and accuracy and follow up on completed ECOs to ensure continued accuracy.
· Communicates ECO impact with appropriate personnel including engineering, materials and production personnel. May also interact with customer and/or supplier personnel when appropriate.
· Verifies system to ensure requote pricing entered in the system is accurate.
· Participates in special projects including SAP and other systems projects.
· Assists in transacting excess and obsolete inventory.
· Responsible for maintaining bills of material in SAP.
· Maintains appropriate additional documentation for process metrics.
· May update and maintain DOC program with current documentation.
· Trains lower level personnel in ECO processing and execution.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.