Jabil’s Communications Manager is responsible for developing and strategically managing various internal and external communications projects in support of Jabil’s employee and business needs. This position will handle multiple projects simultaneously, including, but not limited to: change management communications, awareness communications and enterprise-wide communications programs. Position works closely with all members of Jabil’s Communications and Investor Relations team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Consult and collaborate with all stakeholders to clearly define requirements and deliver expected results.
· Lead cross-functional, global communications projects, gain leadership buy-in, ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
· Interface regularly with key executives and employees company-wide and forge relationships in an effort to support communications programs.
· Measure the effectiveness of programs and obtain data to improve programs for greater impact.
· Assess needs, write, edit, produce, and manage distribution of internal and external communications content as needed.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES
Change Management Communications
· Develop and implement change management communication plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. Play a key role in helping ‘change initiatives’ meet business, schedule and budget objectives.
· Direct, develop and deploy change management communication strategies based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the groups being impacted by the change; identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
· Build positive working relationships and proactively partner with Jabil leaders to identify and fulfill their communications needs and help them drive faster adoption, greater utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees in these organizations.
· Provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors to build their communications competencies and equip them with tools for team dialogue sessions about Jabil’s strategic business initiatives and building excitement around them.
· Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions.
· Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
· Develop and enable reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
· Establish metrics, track progress and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness.
· Direct, develop and deploy awareness communication strategies based on audience segmentation.
· Build positive working relationships and proactively partner with Jabil leaders to identify and fulfill their communications needs.
· Establish metrics, track progress and success, and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
In conjunction with Communications Team
· Effectively builds relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcomes. Demonstrates expertise in dealing with business partners at a strategic level, coaching and counseling them and influencing leadership thinking in strategic communications.
· Effectively selects the most beneficial channel mix depending on audience and desired outcomes.
· Collects, analyzes and interprets qualitative and quantitative data and information to develop thorough understanding of stakeholder motivations, preferences and opinions. Uses in-depth knowledge of key audience values to achieve communication goals beyond mere understanding or agreement, such as engagement and active support.
· Provides superior communications counsel to managers and senior leaders and enable them to lead dialogue with their respective stakeholders. Coaches executives and helps them relate to their audience.
· Exhibits expertise in influencing business strategies and ensures alignment and impact of the strategic communications plan. Shapes function and broader organization to focus on outcome-based communications.
· Build in metrics as part of program planning to measure the effectiveness of programs and obtain data to improve programs for greater impact.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Coach and mentor staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, person development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from peers and team members on team’s contribution.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or related discipline.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of broad-reaching communications and project management experience.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.