The Senior Cost Analyst will provide accurate and timely reporting of Sales and Material Costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Act as the lead on financial related projects
· Provide guidance to other staff members regarding related projects
· Review the accuracy of Inventory valuation on the Balance Sheet in a Standard Cost environment.
· Explain the components that represent the difference between Actual and Forecasted Material Margins, reported by program.
· Perform analyses for management on an ad hoc and recurring basis.
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by purchasing, inventory control, or production planning.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement.
· Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Meet deadlines even when dealing with frequent interruptions and additional as well as changing priorities.
· Ensure accurate reporting.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where appropriate.
· Maintain controls and discipline compliant with Jabil standards.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health and Safety, Quality).
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Create reports on materials to supply to BUMs and WCMs in order to identify better pricing opportunities.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; MBA and/or, CPA is preferred, 5 years of accounting experience required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.