Responsible for establishing health and safety policies and procedures which ensure compliance with company, customer, and government regulations within any of the following functions: health and safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental protection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Retention
· Recruit, interview and hire for the Environmental, Health, and Safety team.
· Communicate criteria to recruiters for the Environmental, Health, and Safety team.
· Monitor team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
Employee and Team Development
· Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility (Environmental Management Programs, Safety & Health Programs, Emergency plans, Business Continuity Plan).
· Coach and mentor EHS team members to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
· Create and manage succession plans for EHS function.
· Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Manufacturing Managers, peers and team member on team member’s contribution to the team. Provide coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
· Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
· Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
· Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in departmental goals.
· Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
· Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
· Provide communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and succinctly using an appropriate business style.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
· Influence organization to practice proper EHS procedures using marketing strategies and easy to use tools.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction
· Know and understand the campus strategic direction.
· Define, develop and implement an Environmental, Health & Safety strategy that contributes to the campus strategic directions.
· Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to EHS.
· Provide regular updates to Facilities Manager and Operations Manager on the execution of the strategy.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value (i.e. cost of Workers Compensation versus cost of wearing Safety glasses).
· Provide feedback to management on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy
· Provide feedback to Facilities Manager and Operations Manager on forecasts for the department.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the workcells.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field.”
· Implement the Environmental, Health, And Safety (EHS) activities in support of ISO 14000. Determine how to influence activities (facilities, building support, EHS, and security) under a single focus to streamline execution.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
· Stay up to date on environmental issues.
· Chair the Safety Committee.
· Manage large projects from start to finish utilizing delegating skills to empower others to take responsibility for segments of the project.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Working knowledge of ISO 14001 Standard and system.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Health and Safety or equivalent preferred.
· Five years experience.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.