Plans, organizes, and directs electrical engineering department to meet company objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direction on design and development activities to improve, modify or design new equipment products and processes.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff. Establish individual goals and training plans.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Analyze new components and development tools and provide guidance on their use.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resources needs and market demand to plan projects.
- Represent Jabil Design Engineering in Technical Customer Discussions and Meeting
- Work with Project Manager on Design quotations
- Work with assigned manager to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies
- Lead/support the development and implementation of product architectures while complying with applicable standards
- Lead/Support the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications
- Develop Patents, Technical Publications, or White Papers
- Confers with management and production staff to determine engineering feasibility and cost effectiveness.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- Selects correct design concept and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement of existing ones.
- Design and develop new components or redesign existing components to improve company products.
- Determines and establishes specifications through engineering calculations and layouts.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director Engineering Operations
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Plus 8 years experience required; MSEE and/or MBA preferred.
- Electronics Design Background, simulation tools knowledge
- Preference to Ansys, Cadence and Windchill knowledge
- Advanced PC Skill, including knowledge of SAP
- Preference to Buildings Technologies and/or Home Appliances product knowledge/background
- 3 or more years of project management or supervisory experience strongly encouraged.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.