Engineering Services Manager
Reporting to the Director of Medical Operations Engineering, this position consists of working with various site engineering teams to manage the launch of new technologies and complex applications, production process development, trouble-shooting and improvement activities.
This role will have developed industry recognized technical expertise in complex PCBA and High-Level assembly technologies that allows you to provide technical direction and leadership in optimizing manufacturing solutions for new product designs. You will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise in DFM/DFA that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers highest-level engineering staff. You will consult on product design solutions, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting, and oversee design progressions during product developments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports multiple DFM/A and product optimization projects on significantly challenging and unique product applications
· Delivers solutions that require deep knowledge across multiple technical competencies:
Automated soldering (Robotic, Laser, Hotbar, solder jetting, paste dispensing)
Flex/Rigid PCBA Design,
Materials – solders, fluxes, adhesives
Machine selection and automation solutions
· Provides leadership in Design for Manufacturing/Assembly analysis and clarifies design requirements to optimize the product for production and de-risk the manufacturing challenges.
· Coordinates with other internal SME’s and thought leaders to solve technical issues. Understands how to effectively utilize Failure analysis techniques to help solve problems
· Contributes to the development of User Requirement Specifications (URS) for the development of custom equipment solutions
· Leverages lessons-learned to improve documentation and training
· Contributes to shaping a positive, effective, and collaborative team cultures
· Communicates technical aspects of a project effectively to internal and external customers
· Leads design and manufacturing innovations and potential patentable solutions
· Leads resolution of complex DFM/A issues and manages design trade-offs, inclusive of business and program considerations
· Influences and contributes to the professional development of less experienced engineers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME/MSME/PhD or equivalent experience)
· 15+ years of experience with electronics manufacturing design, development and production
Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound judgment
· Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage projects.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages in an integrated system such as SAP
· Medical Device manufacturing. GMP and Validation protocols
· Catheter assembly
· Camera module manufacturing
· Sub 40awg wire assembly
· Research and development / laboratory experience
· Design of Experiments (DOE) and Lean Six Sigma
· PCB and PCBA failure analysis. Metallurgy and Cleanliness
· Factory of the Future concepts, planning and deployment
· Low Pressure molding
· Mandarin speaking
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.