Provide a high level of technical support to the Facilities department personnel by performing necessary assessments, inspection and analytical analysis of various Facilities site maintenance and new construction projects. Directly support Facilities Engineering and Management with coordination of design and construction of building mechanical and electrical services, project management and facilities improvement, etc. as related to building /engineering works.
Provide sites with professional support on all project development, design and build, building fit-out, scheduling, budget, quality and EHS matters and forecasted operational improvements. Responsible for providing positive site support & guidance with various FM initiatives, Energy Management, Physical Security Management practices and Factory Global improvements.
Assess, audit, evaluate, develop and implement works required to improve site practices and procedures accordingly, to deliver efficiencies improvement, and cost savings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on Facilities related work following instructions given by the site Facilities leadership
- Assist in Planning, Organizing and Leading the Facilities related construction activities.
- Perform the duties of liaison between construction contractors and the Facilities Department to professionally manage contractors, vendors and suppliers to include but not limited to sourcing, vendor selection, controls on schedule, cost, quality and EHS matters.
- Assist the Facilities Department in handling departmental routine work, communicating with others inside and outside of the company and coordinate and manage facilities related engineering/ project works.
- Establish clear and measurable goals and objectives by which to determine project progress and key success indicators.
- Assess, audit, evaluate, develop and implement works required for efficiencies improvement, energies consumption reduction and cost savings.
- Support the Facilities department responsibilities during Quality Audits
- Provide clear and precise communications for the exchange of ideas and information within the Facilities Department.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security and EH&S Safety policies.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Knowledge of company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
· Must be able to read, write and communicate in English. Must be able to effectively communicate with technical support services.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, engineers, clients, customers, and general contractors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Microsoft and Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write detailed correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple daily activities.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, correspondence, prints and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Basic mathematics.
- Understanding of safety practices requirements.
· Solid knowledge of specialized maintenance tracking MAXIMO program.
· Personal computer operation in a Windows environment (Excel, Word and PowerPoint and e-mail).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Requires an Associate of Science degree or greater in Engineering, Business or Technical Trade
• One to three years of experience in the Facilities or Construction Management fields.
• Basic knowledge of Mechanical systems including HVAC, pumps, compressors and motors.
· Proven experience in leading a team of technicians
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.