Independently carry out policies and programs covering several or all of the following: employment interviewing, wage and salary administration, personnel administration, training, and benefits administration. Independently provide support in functional areas of human resources including but not limited to recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, wage and salary administration, benefits administration, organizational development, training, AA/EEO, and special projects. Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings. Prepare reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
· Coaches/consults with managers and employees on issues including: performance, terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, etc.
· Coordinate all employee activities/programs.
· Interprets and complies with all state and federal laws.
· Monitor and approve applicable salary increases; check to see that they are within guidelines.
· Conduct preliminary job analysis and creates job descriptions of non-benchmark positions through a job evaluation process.
· Communicate and interpret all benefit changes and policies.
· Educate employees about their benefits and coordinates open enrollment periods. Research and resolve employee benefit problems and questions.
· Compiles statistical reports for departments.
· Participates in team projects that address strategic initiatives as directed by the HR Manager.
· Recruit, screen, and interview internal and external applicants to fill current or expected job vacancies.
· Review and evaluate applicant’s work history, education, training, and other qualifications.
· Source candidate from both internal and external sources.
· Expedite and coordinates internal transfers. Refer candidates to the hiring manager.
· Notify applicants of consideration or rejection; interviews those selected that meet organization’s qualifications. Inform candidates of job’s duties/responsibilities, compensation and benefits programs, work schedule/conditions, career advancement opportunities, etc.
· Arrange for interviews and travel/lodging of selected applicants and company’s expense, as necessary.
· Speak with/to a variety of external contacts including Employment Agencies to provide information regarding job possibilities and career opportunities.
· Perform reference and background checks.
· Prepare and extend job offers; prepare and/or authorize appropriate paperwork.
· Participate in the design and placement of employment advertising.
· Handle all relocation requirements for selected candidate.
· Act as a Strategic Partner with Department Managers in conducting needs analysis.
· Conduct new hire orientations and/or exit interviews, as needed.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
· Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.