Industrial Eng Tech II will support the Industrial Engineering Department in planning, designing, implementing and managing; integrated, production and service delivery systems that assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence and cost control within the production site.
Main focus will be assisting the IE in maintaining the layouts and data in IE related systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist in the preparation of time studies and time estimates
· Update the site layout and project layouts, as directed by the Industrial Engineer
· Update the Key Process, process maps, as directed by the Industrial Engineer
· Update the Product-Process-Time database (IEDB), as directed by the Industrial Engineer
· Enter the configuration data into SAP, as directed by the Industrial Engineer
o This will include but is not limited to: Bill of Materials configuration, part master data
· Enter the configuration data into Manufacturing Execution System, as directed by the Industrial Engineer
o This will include but is not limited to: Routes, Step, Process Times
· Insure the standardization of Jabil processes throughout the site in accordance with the global, regional and site direction
· Support the Lean organization by maintaining a solid process foundation and data integrity in order to support process improvement through the organization
· Support and/or maintain all lower level Industrial Engineering essential duties and responsibilities
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Key Requirements:
o Understanding and application of broad range of industrial engineering tools (ie. Work measurement, process mapping, facilities, and workstation design, etc.)
o Eye for detail when updating data/systems
o Basic analytical ability
o Basic communication skills
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering or Production Engineering preferred
· At least 2 year of working experience in a related field
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.