Plans, organizes and manages security related activities for information systems/technology. Correlates security events across the enterprise. Performs advanced security tool administration optimizing performance and efficiency. Performs complex tuning and filtering of security devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Supports 24/7 global operations responding to security events in the environment; on-call as required.
- Conducts intermediate tool integrations, configures/updates systems, and troubleshoots tools.
- Creates and maintains automated capabilities for security reports or processes.
- Analyzes security violation reports for suspicious and dangerous activity.
- Performs advanced level Health Checks and intermediate administration for security tools.
- Performs device tuning and filtering on assigned security tools.
- Monitors tools proactively for performance degradation, reliability/availability, and security issues.
- Assists with security tool evaluations, testing, and implementation.
- Researches and assesses emerging threats, advisories, and appropriate controls and technologies.
- Identifies and implements new analytic methods for detecting and remediating threats.
- Assists Security Architects with creation/implementation of security policy, guidelines, and standards.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new “best in field” practices and processes.
- Creates/refines log monitoring reports, searches, or advanced investigative tools to enhance monitoring.
- Conducts event correlation analysis and advanced security incident investigations.
- Assists in large-scale security incidents, investigation, and response activities; advises on remediation.
- Performs analysis of the environment (e.g. port scans, intrusion detection, prohibited tools).
- Participates in regulatory IT security or customer audit activities.
- Handles escalations from SOC Security Analysts and assists in their duties when needed.
- Performs mentoring and education for security staff members.
- Anticipates and meets customer expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively.
- Maintains confidentiality in all security activities whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Lead small projects/initiatives or perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist with risk assessments to identify threats to Jabil ensuring that information, systems and databases are protected from unauthorized users and are available as required.
- Identify Potential Threats and vulnerabilities. Lead Jabil in the mitigation of those threats.
- Lead efforts to investigate and remediate security incidents and organize the security investigation involving all required parties and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Consult with various entities to recommend security solutions and designs.
- Research, recommend, and implement changes to policies, processes, procedures, and standards to safeguard information and systems and to enhance Jabil’s Information security Program and reduce the overall risk to Jabil.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and in-depth field experience regarding emerging or job technologies required to fulfill this position, this could include formal or self paced professional development.
- Serve as escalation point for IT security issues.
- Communicate user and IT awareness of Jabil’s Information Security Program: policies and procedures. This includes training responsibilities
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Identifies creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to define problems, correlate data, draw valid conclusions, and document details precisely.
- Ability to effectively communicate analytical data to varied audiences, including executives.
- Ability to influence and build credibility as a peer through strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to perform well under significant enterprise-wide pressure with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems OR minimum 5 to 7 years experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of perimeter technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies).
- Advanced working knowledge of security tools (e.g. SIEM, NetFlow, IDS/IPS, endpoint solutions, DLP).
- Advanced working knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, network architecture) and packet capture/analysis.
- Advanced technical knowledge of operating systems, network services, applications, and security logging.
- Master's degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, or Computer Network Defense.
- Relevant security certifications a plus: GCIA, GCED, GMON, CASP +, or security tool certification.
- Previous experience in scripting or programming (e.g. Python, PowerShell, PERL, Splunk SPL).
- Direct experience in an enterprise-level Cyber Incident Response Team or Security Operations Center.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Advanced understanding of Operating systems and Microsoft Applications (i.e. – Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.). Understanding of how security impacts applications.
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.