Using the tools of Lean manufacturing and 6 Sigma (Lean Six Sigma) (VSM , SMED , Kaizen DMAIC , PDCA , etc. ), the key responsibilities of this position include educating, promoting, and mentoring continuous improvement across Jabil.
The Lean Six Sigma Engineer aims to optimize any process or operation, which seeks to minimize or eliminate the activities of non-value add, better known as waste. The focus is to seek those opportunities by as updating, changing, or correcting current processes with minimal room for error.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Propose and implement process improvements that impact positively on specific areas, such as DL efficiency
· Coordinate the development of VSM's, Kaizen workshops in their respective area of responsibility, as requested
· Conduct ergonomic studies and analyze proposed ideas for improvement in conjunction with Industrial Engineers and processes implemented to positively impact ergonomics of workstations
· Keep improving assigned areas through monitoring and action format Lean Index
· Identify opportunities for reducing costs and improving productivity while coordinating the implementation of these improvements
· Responsible for assigning workload and activities. Make improvement projects based on the reduction in the variation of processes (Six Sigma)
· Responsible for devising, implementing and monitoring error-proof devices in areas where opportunity is identified.
· Recommend and document methods to improve efficiency, reducing waste in materials and equipment.
· Apply, educate, promote, and spread culture in the use of lean manufacturing tools
· Active participation in LPA, QRQC & JOS
· Develop and apply quality techniques for troubleshooting to optimize process quality using lean manufacturing methodologies and Six Sigma.
· Develop and document simulations to analyze the impact of improvements previously taken, if applicable
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· QIS , LPA, JOS , Lean Bronze, PDCA , VSM , Statistical Process Control, SMED , Kronos , ergonomic analysis, decision time and motion Understanding ROI Tool
· Persuasive and assertive communication skills
· Microsoft Office ( PowerPoint , Excel , Word ) Packages Simulation (Arena or GPSS or Pro -model or Flexsim , etc )
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.