JOB SUMMARY: DATA ANALYST
Intern will assist the department or project manager in providing support to that area. In addition, they may be assigned specific projects either as part of, or in addition to, the day-to-day activities related to the assignment. The internship will be a part of Jabil’s Neurodiversities at Work program.
NEURODIVERSITIES AT WORK PROGRAM SUMMARY
Jabil’s Neurodiversities at Work program is designed for talent identifying as neurodivergent, which is commonly defined as brain functions that diverge from societal standards of “typical.” Common neurodivergent conditions include, but are not limited to, autism, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia and Tourette syndrome. With a unique hiring, assimilation and development process, the program seeks to leverage the unique strengths of individuals and increase the diversity of thought at Jabil.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carryout to completion specific projects assigned by the Project or Department Manager.
- Flexible work schedule given potential deadlines
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- Manage datasets, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Support initiatives for data mining, and data cleansing
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Analyze, design, and develop data model
- Analyze, design, develop, release, and maintain reports according to requirements
- Analyze data using Statistical Analysis
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Participate in team stand ups, meetings and brainstorming activities
- Work on teams with business/functional stakeholders to help make data driven decisions
- Summarize data findings and share insights
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS (Performed with our without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Familiar with Business Intelligence software (e.g. Power BI, Tableu, SRSS, etc.)
- Familiar with data sources/format (e.g. SQL/No-SQL Databases, Excel, CSV, JSON, SharePoint, etc.)
- Familiar with data processing (e.g. join, filter, aggregation, cleansing, etc.)
- Familiar with ETL tools (e.g. AWS glue, python, etc.)
- Provide basic Statistical Analysis (Excel, PowerBI, etc.)
- Familiar with source code management (e.g. GIT)
- Exposure to services on AWS and Azure a plus
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to stakeholders that may not be technical
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Students entering their junior or senior year of college/university, with a track in Computer Science or Information Systems and a strong academic record
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.