Provide technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Load & verify software packages.
· Support any resource on projects as assigned.
· Troubleshoot and resolve end user issues.
· Install & configure PC/Peripherals.
· Follow all corporate, regional and local ISS & Site policy.
· Resolve site level Incident management.
· Populate knowledge Database & Configuration Management Database where appropriate.
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library knowledge.
· Emphasize management of queues, and adherence to Service Level Agreement/Key Performance Indicators.
· Install and Configure PCs (Ghost).
· Administer the PBX (re-enabling and creating phones).
· Provide Support via phone for offsite users.
· Purchase software and hardware via the P.O. Process.
· Administer user accounts (Use of AD).
· Provide Maintenance and Support of Audio Visual equipment.
· Perform basic level of support for users on IT baseline apps.
· Following all procedures around the ISS security policy.
· Responsible for monitoring the Service Desk system queue and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
· End user technical assistance.
· Installs, identifies, and repairs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives.
· Loads and verifies correct operation of software packages.
· Troubleshoots and resolves end user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
· Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
· Maintains inventory of computer parts and lo of all repairs/service performed.
· Provides training and technical assistance to users.
· Safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
· Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
· Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
· Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
· Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality)
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
· Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
High School diploma and one year of experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. A+ certification required. Knowledge of all Microsoft applications/utilities.
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills ? both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Must have a service orientated attitude, customer focus, sense of urgency, professional demeanor, time management skills, analytical thinker. Provide on call support. Ability to understand network and system architecture
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25 lbs, with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual's primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
May also participate in scheduling and coordination of "lunch and learn" events between other Subject Matter Experts and Jabil Employees. Will generally serve as an IT ambassador to help educate and promote the IT team and capabilities. Prefer someone with the ability to speak in front of small to medium groups.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.