Provides technical support to end-users for PC, server, hardware, or software applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with supplier/service provider ensure tasks are completed.
- Monitor asset inventory.
- Verify back up, daily check list, account maintenance.
- Administer tape rotation - back up tapes.
- Serve as the point of technical escalation.
- Perform periodic license audits.
- Create and configure ghost images for site hardware.
- Create and Image MES and SAP RF Scanners.
- Provide on call support.
- Identify and purchase hardware using the CER Process.
- Administer network hardware (enabling and disabling ports).
- Administer file services, Print Services and Terminal Servers.
- Document new processes.
- Provide support to wireless devices. (i.e. - iPad).
- Follow all procedures around the ISS security policy.
- Provide end user training & technical assistance.
- Assist Administrators in rotational duties for the following (but not limited to) administration competencies:
- Network Administration (equipment maintenance, backups, daily checklists).
- Systems Administration (account maintenance, backups/restores, server maintenance).
- Business Systems Administration (documentation, process flows, CMRs, troubleshooting).
- Database Administration (daily checklists, backups, troubleshooting).
- Load and verify correct operation of software packages.
- Troubleshoot and resolves end user problems and ensures correct operation of personal computers.
- Simulate or recreate user problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Maintain inventory of computer parts and lo of all repairs/service performed.
- Provide training and technical assistance to users.
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department.
- Ask questions; encourage input from team members.
- Provide regular updates to appropriate managers.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assure that procedures and work instructions are efficient and not redundant.
- Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Confer with reporting manager on complex or unusual situations.
- Establish new measurement systems if/where possible.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensure 100% adherence to all company policies and procedures (i.e. Health, Safety and Quality).
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to the IT systems.
- Understand and embrace the business and IT strategic direction.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- High School diploma and three years of IT support experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A+ certification required.
- Windows environment
- Microsoft office applications/utilities
- Basic Android / IOS exposure
- General exposure to networking fundamentals
- PC hardware and how to troubleshoot
- IT ticketing systems (ServiceNow preferred)
Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Must have a service orientated attitude, customer focus, sense of urgency, professional demeanor, time management skills, analytical thinker. Provide on call support. Ability to understand network and system architecture
Individual will be required to use computer keyboards or other equipment for extended periods of time. Individual may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision for reading and studying technical materials and use of computer monitor screens a great deal of the time. Specific physical abilities required by the job may include walking, reaching carrying and lifting up to 25lbs., with some occasional lifting up to 50lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual's primary workstation is located in the office area, with some time spent on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.