Plans, coordinates and directs quality programs to ensure continuity of quality designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Know and follow EMS policies and procedures; ensure that direct reports know and follow EMS policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
• Complete training in area of responsibility and ensure that direct reports are trained in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training and ensure that required periodic re-training takes place for direct reports in areas such as safety and environmental
• Set standards for safe behavior. Recognize and reward safe behavior in others.
• Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices. Enforce safety policies & procedures. Evaluate staff member’s safety performance and ensure that safety is a part of each direct report’s GPMS.
• Provide resources (time and money) necessary to maintain safety process. Ensure safety structure is in place in form of working committees and department coordinators
• Establishes and maintains objectives, programs, procedures and controls to support the quality policy and mission.
• Ensures that design services comply with quality management system and ensure design quality processes are effective.
• Responsible for compliance with all corporate regulatory, human resource programs, policies, procedures, safety/environmental systems and regulations governed by local and international agencies and authorities..
• Oversee capital related projects and monitor controllable spending for the department.
• Lead or participate in regulatory agency interaction: TUV, or Global Quality during audits or other information inquiries.
• Support design projects and ensuring phase gate reviews are implemented timely and accurately..
• Provide for associate development by setting standards, managing expectations & coordinating training programs.
• Evaluate and recommend staffing requirements to ensure maximum utilization of personnel to fulfill department objectives.
• Assist with problem solving, decision-making & conflict resolution through coaching & counseling.
• Partner with cross-functional leaders to meet JDS goals and objectives.
• Ensure quality management system is in compliance with corporate, regulatory requirements.
• Lead efforts to increase the proficiency (skills and knowledge) of the organization through quality for design and manufacturability.
• Lead Quality/Organizational initiative to integrate JDS design to Jabil Global ISO business management system.
• Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities.
• Follow Records management Policies, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records, Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
• Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
• Bilingual: English / Mandarin preferred.
• PLM/ ISO 9000 knowledge required.
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of electronics manufacturing.
• Experience in Design planning, design verification and design validation from the perspective of quality engineering.
• Demonstrates knowledge for problem solving/ decision making processes. Green or Black Belt Certification highly desired.
• Demonstrates competence in regulatory, Design to manufacture policies, and procedures.
• Personal computer skills, Windows: word processing, project planning, presentation, e-mail and spreadsheet software, database management & desktop publishing.
• Ability to communicate and influence interdisciplinary teams to ensure successful and timely completion of design services.
• Supervisory skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• B.S. degree in life science or engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
• Advanced degree desired
• CQE (Quality Engineer Certification), CQM (Quality Manager Certification), Certified internal auditor desired.
• 5 years in quality systems management
• Experience in OEM design processes
• Experience in Product Lifecycle management
Provides Design Assurance expertise from a Design Control and Quality Engineering perspective during the stages of product development to ensure robust product design, resulting in improvement in overall customer satisfaction. Works with JDS to provide Design Assurance expertise with the intent of Designing Quality in the Products during new product design and development or during significant modification to the existing products by utilizing the philosophy of ‘Quality by Design’ (QbD). Assist E&I Design Director to create an efficient design assurance system and processes within JDS. Provide support and guidance required for enhanced design quality, efficient and structured product development method, resulting in an improvement in overall customer satisfaction and reduction in overall product development cost to the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assures reliability targets and testing are appropriately implemented, suitable quality tools are deployed and utilized on projects, the appropriate level of design verification and validation activities are performed, and project schedules are met.
• Assists with identification of possible design deficiency as early as possible in the design life cycle and determining the adequacy to meet regulatory and customer requirements.
• Acts as technical expert in Quality Engineering to staff and project teams.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.