No description provided
As a Principal Engineer you will have developed expertise in a field of engineering or a specific sector. You will have led design teams through full product development and into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of expertise that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. You will consult on system architecture, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during quoting and oversee design progress during product development.
- Consult on and drive RFI/RFP responses
- Be well-versed in JDM and ODM type development models
- Represent Advanced Engineering in technical discussions with suppliers and customers
- Synthesize escalations and engage partners and internal teams to find resolution
- Work effectively on multiple projects in parallel
- Develop IP patents, specifications, technical publications and whitepapers
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and trends in the industry
- Deep understanding of server system architecture and board design
- Working level knowledge of EE, SI, thermal, power, mechanical, FW and Manufacturing.
- Familiarity with CPU, Memory, NIC, storage controller, GPU and related technologies
- Involved in design of various form-factors of Compute and Storage platfomrs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Coordination skills to engage multiple teams and have them work toward a common solution
- Convince teams and win alignment when there are different opinions
- Self-driven and motivated
- Own and deliver results
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- BE or ME in Electrical Engineering or any other Engineering discipline
- 15+ years of relevant experience in SW and Linux
This job cannot be performed remotely in the state of Colorado.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.