Develops and implements quality plans, programs, and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and analyses. Ensures that performance and product quality conform to established company, customer and regulatory requirements. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to assembly and process. Investigates problems and robust solutions to eliminate issues. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads the development, modification, and maintenance of quality evaluation and control plans and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
· Leads the development and implementation of methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
· Leads the design and analysis of inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
· Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
· Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is complete and compliant with requirements.
· Assists in the process for ensuring that corrective actions (CAPA) are completed in accordance with relevant ISO requirements (ISO 9001), Advance Problem Solving methods, and that documentation is complete and compliant with requirements.
· May provide direction and mentoring to less experienced QA Engineers.
· Demonstrated competence in Quality Engineering body of knowledge.
· Writes, reviews, approves process validations/qualifications in accordance with Jabil and customer requirements.
· May manage the internal, customer, and third party quality audits.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Experience with a proven track record of implementing appropriate risk mitigation, waste reduction and process improvement projects is required.
· Technical training and experience using Statistics, Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies is required including Measurement System Analysis, SPC, DOEs, Reliability, etc.
· Strong working knowledge of statistical software packages is preferred with the ability to preview, graph and analyze data and be able to present data that facilitates/drives decision making.
· The ability to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
· The ability to think on your feet and providing sound judgment is highly desired.
· Understanding of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and Process Validation expertise is preferred.
· Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are preferred.
· Experience in supervising and directing the work of others is preferred.
· Demonstrated project management and project leadership abilities are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
· Generally requires 7-10 years related experience including 1-2 years supervisory experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.