Under minimal supervision, responsible for setting up and operating automated all front end manufacturing equipment such as GSM, Fuji, Universal and Wave machine for Jabil manufactured assemblies and circuit boards. Will be responsible for intermediate program debug and machine preventative maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs equipment set-up, operation, and adjustment.
· Coordinates with other team members to set up machines according to set-up sheets.
· Ensures board loader and feeders are continually kept loaded with the correct parts, and prepares for next part run by loading feeders for next run before needed.
· Operate and maintain foam fluxer, using hydrometer to ensure specific gravity and resin ratio.
· Add/fill bar solder, flux and alcohol to machine as required.
· Clean and adjust the flux density controller (FDC) and fluxer.
· Monitor boards for soldering defects.
· Check components for proper seating and soldering quality.
· Dross the solder pot to remove impurities and performs required maintenance on a daily basis
· Drain the flux and clean the machine on a weekly basis.
· Maintains and loads solder screen printer; operates LSM machine to check amount of solder paste applied to boards; enters data into MES system. Maintains orderly work area by tubing fallout parts, and cleaning area and machines as needed.
· Monitor machine rejects to assure that parts are being sorted and ran on a daily basis.
· Ensures processes and equipment remain within acceptable company manufacturing standards.
· Maintains necessary documentation.
· Responsible for basic program debug.
· Performs quality auditing, testing, and basic machine troubleshooting functions.
· May support Machine Support personnel for preventative maintenance as instructed by manufacturer on surface mount machines used in manufacturing processes.
· May also need to conduct offline feeder calibration as needed
· Work direction may additionally be communicated verbally through visual aids and set-up sheets.
· Ensure that assigned area is clean and organized.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
· Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
· Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.