ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide technical advice, code reviews and assistance to other programmers.
· With limited supervision, prepare test plans and/or detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written, they may be highly complex.
· Write programs that interface with external systems and equipment.
· Develop/ maintain computer programs to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data and information.
· Write programs that involve multiple, complex screens, interfaces, tables and outputs.
· Write complex, optimized data extracts, updates and interfaces.
· Design and code basic screen functionality.
· Interface with functional specialists to ensure solution design and integrity.
· Understanding of complex table joins and advanced programming concepts.
· Solid understanding of functional integration points, entity relationships and module flows.
· Devise sample input data to test accuracy of program.
· Resolve questions of program intent, input data acquisition, time sharing, output requirements, coding use and modification, and inclusion of internal checks/code reviews for system integrity.
· Observe or runs test of program using sample or actual data, assist in user acceptance training.
· Participate in the roll out and on time delivery of developed applications.
· Maintain a working knowledge of advancing technologies. Identify applicable solutions and implement with existing networks when appropriate.
· Work seamlessly with all IT Teams to ensure high standard of IT support at all levels.
· Maintain and develop documentation for responsible area. Prepare and provide status updates of assigned project plans and schedules.
· Maintain positive relations with all employees encouraging them to suggest ways of improving IT systems. Recommend/conduct training.
· Organize verbal and written ideas clearly, use appropriate business style.
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
· Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
· Offer new ideas and suggestions for improvement. Identify and implement new practices and processes that are “best in field”.
· Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization while maintaining discretion and confidentiality in all areas pertaining to data and proprietary information, whether internal to Jabil or customer specific.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines.
· Must be proficient and knowledgeable in all areas related to the IT department functions.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent external work experience or equivalent formal training in related duties. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively
present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.