Responsible for the recycling of material and waste products and cleanliness
This includes custodial duties for the assigned area of the shop
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Empty chip containers at machine tools into appropriate recycle bins
- Clean recycle bins and coolant vacuums
- Clean area around machine chip conveyors
- Place used coolant and other liquids into secondary containment and keep properly labeled
- Sweep receiving dock
- Weigh bins before going out to calculate chip weight and log in recycle book
- Dust and wet mopping the shop floor
- Removing trash to the dumpsters
- Clean spills
- Clean Machines
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (as directed)
- Maintaining Coolant & Oil levels in machine tools
- Waxing tiled floors
- No minimum experience required.
- Ability to use a mop, forklift and industrial scale. Familiarity with recycling and hazmat processes is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in mopping and driving a forklift.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Education Level or other appropriate curriculum or equivalent mix of experience and education.
- 0 years experience in field or equivalent company.
- Training in recycling and hazmat labeling a plus.
Ability to understand, speak, read and write English required.
Must be able to perform basic mathematics i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
No special training required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work will be performed in a machine shop environment. Employees are expected to observe safe working practices and wear appropriate protective equipment. Any unsafe working conditions or necessary modifications must be reported immediately. Any limitation an employee may have must be brought to the attention of their supervisor or the Human Relations (HR) department.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.