Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans numerical control program to control contour-path machining of metal or plastic parts on automatic CNC machine tools.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine sequence of operations, and setup requirements of machined parts.
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, or other programmers to resolve machine process issues.
- Calculates and develops computer programmed control data to set controls for regulating computer numeric controlled (CNC) machining factors, such as speed feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut for part to be made.
- Using computer, prepares geometric layout using CAD/CAM software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes setup sheets and tool lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Reviews and/or observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance numerical control codes, and adjusts machine controls or control media to correct as required.
- Compares computer printout with original program sheet to assure accuracy of machine instructions, and revises program to eliminate instructions errors and omissions.
- May prepare diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps program must follow and to describe logical operations involved.
- May enter program codes into computer system. Enters commands into computer to run and test program.
- Reads computer printouts or observes display screen to detect syntax or logic errors during program test, or uses diagnostic software to detect errors.
- Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters program to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- May write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assists users to solve operating problems
- Recreates stops taken by user to locate source of problem and rewrites program to correct errors.
- May instruct users to use program and provides technical assistance.
- Has developed expertise in function, typically through a combination of job-related training and extensive work experience.
- Completes task in a resourceful manner using specialized skill.
- Works on assignments of non-routine nature.
- Determines methods and procedures on newly introduced assignments.
- May assist with formal orientation or training of junior members of the team.
- Acts as a lead to production or line staff assisting with the daily coordination of work, but not a supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years’ experience related programming experience and/or training at trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, or experience.
- Regular business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
- Travel requirements: Domestic and/or Global, up to 50%
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.