Responsible for the Interconnect Sourcing strategy for the division. Includes responsibility for situational analysis, Strategy development & guidance in implementation for the functional disciplines of supply chain development, risk mitigation, negotiation, procurement, planning & inventory control. These strategies should support the individual customer’s needs & be complementary to overall Supply Chain Management (SCM) goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Staff the functional area of responsibility to meet divisional objectives.
· Establish & communicate expectations of each position in terms of mission & goals.
· Identify individual & team strengths & development needs on an ongoing basis.
· Create &/or validate training curriculum in functional area of responsibility.
· Coach & mentor team members to deliver excellence to every customer.
· Assist with creation and management of succession plans.
· Establish clear measurable goals & objectives to determine individual & team results (ie SCM metrics, knowledge of operational roles & responsibilities, personal development goals).
· Solicit ongoing feedback from Business Unit Management, Commodity Management, Materials Management, Development Engineering, Quality Assurance, peers & team on team's contribution(s).
· Influence and assist in performing team member performance evaluations.
· Drive individuals and team to continuously improve key strategic metrics and achievement of divisional goals and objectives.
· Influence and assist with ensuring employee recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently.
· Provide a communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information.
· Know and understand both the corporation’s and division’s strategic direction.
· Analyze customer’s needs & develop appropriate materials strategy that is in alignment with organizational and divisional goals.
· Examine current supply chain models & identify & implement best proactive business to meet needs.
· Develop supply base/chain models that meet the needs of High, Mid & Low Volume Market business. .
· Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes & systems (ie modification of responsibilities, elimination of non-value-added processes or complete reengineering of processes & systems).
· Define, develop & make effective use of cost analysis and risk mitigation tools.
· Provide feedback to staff on cost & cost trends.
· Develop senior level supply base relationships in region that will ensure assurance of supply, preferred terms set, pricing & etc.
· Develop & implement initiatives for region that will enhance cash cycle & improve margin.
· Communicate customer’s needs to Commodity Management, NPI Supply Chain Project Managers, Operations Materials Management to ensure that Jabil provides supply chain solutions that foster success.
· Implement and/or participate in Design Incentive Agreement negotiation and ensure DIA registration is on time.
· Ensure the required system tools (SAP, Windchill, JIS, In-Control tools, etc.) are utilized effectively within the team.
· Focus on achievement of SCM financial & operational goals.
· Serve as escalation point for customer issues that cannot be resolved in a timely manner within the functional area.
· Adhere to safety & health rules & regulations and company security policy.
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
· Ability to effectively present information to Business Unit Management, Customer, and other members of the Jabil materials community. Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electronics or Electrical Engineering.
· Minimum 10 years related experience in either of Commodity management, purchasing management, product management of Interconnect (Connectors) commodities in EMS, Connector OEM or Wire Harness Manufacturing organisations.
· Minimum 5 years team management or leadership experience in above functions/portfolio.
· Domestic & international travel is required
Additional Job Description
Person to be responsible to manage Interconnect Solutions Group comprising a team of Global Commodity Managers & Technical Commodity Manager.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.