The Principal Program Manager is a senior position in Project Management responsible for running large complex programs, including contingency planning and issue resolution. Ensures that all programs / projects follow standard procedures and governance used in the management and deployment of programs. Contributes to and demonstrates a solid understanding of program vision and roadmap. Maintain awareness of cross product/program synergies and actively communicates opportunities to simplify or better align work across teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with Business Unit leaders to develop project and program resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities.
· Demonstrates the most effective execution of projects within the division.
· Works with Project/Program Managers to review and monitor project health.
· Establishes and implements metrics that measure project performance.
· Determines project health by measuring the variance in scope, schedule, cost and quality from the respective baselines.
· Tracks resource usage and ensures the optimized usage.
· Ensures accurate status reporting of all projects and programs.
· Ensures measureable metrics are developed for the program, and that they align to the program objectives.
· Works within the defined standards and procedures as set out by Jabil and the customer to successfully deliver the projects.
· Demonstrates a commitment to customer service. Anticipates, meets and exceeds expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively, making customer issues a priority.
· Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management
· Works closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business
· Complies with and follows all procedures within the company security policy.
· Maintains grade and quality of milestones and deliverables within defined and agreed upon program requirements.
· Implements engagement model with key stakeholders to manage expectations, drive decision making, resolve issues, and course correction (as necessary) to meet program goals.
· Solicits ongoing feedback from Business Units, peers and customers.
· May oversee the direction of multiple programs managed directly by Project managers, across domains and up to 2-3 agile Scrum teams.
· Works with Product/Application Owners to secure and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams to deliver programs.
· Manages dependencies across programs within the portfolio and with other portfolios.
· Manages stakeholder communication regarding release plans and release deliveries for the portfolio.
· Ensures regular, active communication globally with adjacent portfolios and external stakeholders.
· Manages stakeholder communication regarding Release Plans and Release deliveries. Ensures regular, active communication with adjacent programs and external stakeholders globally.
· Identifies program impediments and guides proper escalation to individuals/groups as needed.
· Responsible for program planning and scheduling, including the timing and resources required to deliver upon key milestones / deliverables and the implications from key interdependencies.
· Conducts project assessments to evaluate overall program performance and risks.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Expert knowledge of Jabil’s culture and guiding principles
· Must be adept at navigating the diversified landscape with respect to country cultures, company divisions and internal hierarchies
· Strong ability to manage multiple projects, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and switch between tasks quickly
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
· Previous experience in electronics design and manufacturing
· Prior experience in customer interface
· Prior experience leading Global teams (HW/FW development, supply chain, manufacturing), primarily in Asia
· Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
· Strong operational and financial knowledge required
· Substantial knowledge of Jabil and demonstrated ability to leverage organization
· Consultative skills (ability to understand true customer needs)
· Proven ability to develop effective, matrixed, cross-organization programs and best practices, collaborating and communicating across business and technology stakeholders and multiple geographies.
· Good communications skills
· Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations, and build partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels
· Distinctive problem solving leader
· Demonstrated team leadership capabilities
· Strong implementation skills to ensure programs and policies support business objectives and initiatives
· Person should have the following personal characteristics: strong leader, professional, hard-charging, detail-oriented, reliable, calm under fire, creative, with a can-do attitude.
· Strong comprehension skills for understanding, developing and applying solutions
Preferred location is Raleigh, North Carolina
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.