Assists the Design Engineering Manager in leading and administrating the Test Design Engineering organization at a Jabil operation or campus. Supports the operation’s business strategy and development efforts with current and potential customers. Supports Test Engineering Department by Design /development and implementation of new Test & Product technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Finalize the requirement of test equipment in consultation with end customer, user department and program manager.
· Estimate the budget, manpower requirement, and development timeline.
· Conduct system study and coordinating with team members for System Design & Integration, Application Maintenance, etc.
· Handles various technical aspects like product documentation, hardware design, coding of modules, monitoring critical paths & taking appropriate actions.
· Creates test plans, test cases and test benches for carrying out tests of the hardware/software at various stages.
· Recruit, interview and hire personnel for key positions within the organization. Monitor turnover, identify factors for improvement and facilitate improvements.
· Offer professional development opportunities to staff members. Identify and prepare career development plans and assist in setting quarterly goals. Create succession plans for Test Management positions. Provide professional support and direction.
· Establish clear and measurable goals by which to determine individual and team results. Drive individuals to continuously improve in key operational metrics. Solicit feedback from key team members on individual contribution. Evaluate individuals professionally and on time. Ensure recognition and rewards are distributed fairly and consistently.
· Know the strategic direction of the operation and implement Test Design Engineering strategies that contribute to the success of the operation.
· Actively participate in the development of new business by providing technical expertise and quotations when necessary.
· Coordinate the activities of others to keep them focused, especially during critical times.
· Identify opportunities for cost reduction.
· Explore new technology trends in the industry. Encourage the exploration, experimentation, and implementation of new technology by members of the organization.
· Encourage innovation amongst staff.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Four-year degree in Electronics Engineering or an equivalent.
· Seven (7) or more years of experience in the electronics manufacturing industry.
· Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
· Possess expertise in designing analog & digital circuits, embedded systems, undertaking selection of test instruments & system integration.
· Adept in analyzing requirements, designing solutions, troubleshooting for complex electronic systems & management.
· Strong communication, presentation, collaboration & team building skills with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilize the same in a productive manner.
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
I. job requirements:
1. Bachelor degree or above, major in mechanics, materials, electronics or related;
2. At least 10 years of working experience in PD,RD, Mechanical Engineer, structural engineer, institutional engineer and product design in the electronics industry, at least 4 years of working experience as a Supervisor/Manager;
3. Fluent in oral English, can directly contact with European and American customers;
4. Familiar with plastic parts or metal parts process, familiar with molding/CNC/ assembly, and familiar with product design;
5. Familiar with 3D drawing, Croe/UG is preferred;
6. Familiar with the product development process of 3C consumer industry and the characteristics of consumer electronic products;
7. Experience in project management, PMP certificate is prefer.
Ii. Job responsibilities:
1. Familiar with the process of new product development and structural design of plastic injection metal products in 3C industry, and capable of structural analysis;
2. Responsible for the product development, dimension analysis and process analysis of plastic parts/metal parts;
3. Responsible for mold opening and trial mold review;
4. Responsible for injection molding parts/metal parts manufacturing process development (injection molding/laser carving/painting/assembly/printing /CNC/ assembly, etc.), DFM review;
5. Directly communicate with customers, discuss technical parameters of injection molding products, etc.;
6, understand plastic mold, injection molding, metal CNC characteristics is preferred;
7. Managed the daily work of the subordinate team members.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access https://careers.jabil.com/ site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.