At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Summary Responsible for performing inspection and/or audits of quality control programs. Performs packaging line and manufacturing inspections, and sampling and testing of completed products. Ensures raw materials, in-process and finished products meet company standards. May apply approval or rejection labels to material once analytical data is evaluated. Minimizes down time by reducing production rework and recalls.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Work independently to accomplish visual and dimensional mechanical inspection processes with minimal supervision to the quality industry and department standards, while adhering to best safety practices.
• Be able to read and interpret engineering level mechanical drawings containing GD&T covered by ASME Y14.5 standard, schematics and specifications.
• Be able to establish accept/reject criteria and revision status from blueprints.
• Be able to independently conduct first article and final inspection processes confirming compliance to specifications in fast paced environment.
• Identify and document non-conformance.
• Notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of products.
• Document inspection results by completing reports and logs, and correctly and carefully inputting data into the quality database.
• Accomplish inspection related tasks as directed by the quality department or upper management.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, perform other duties as necessary.
• Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
• Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
Job Qualifications KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Three years experience of CMM Operation.
• Proficiency in GD&T.
• Familiarity with both metric and imperial unit system.
• Working knowledge of inspection equipment required (calipers, micrometers, custom gages, pins) required.
• Makes intricate visual inspection of complex pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and sub-assemblies to ensure conformance with quality standards.
• Selects inspection method (such as first article checks, sampling, or 100% inspection).
• Determines cause and effect of defects and refers findings to manufacturing facilitators for correction.
• Reviews and approves solutions or refers unacceptable responses to Quality Supervisor for further action.
• Acts as final checkpoint for finished goods prior to being shipped to customer or end user.
• Ensures parts conform to customer quality standards. Moves parts to workstation for inspection, as necessary. • May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Ability to operate a personal computer including using a Windows based operating system and related software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.