The Software Test Engineer I assists in delivering integrated hardware/software solutions to customers including automated production test platforms and embedded designs. The development of Windows and web applications are created to support a wide range of customer/manufacturing requirements. The Software Test Engineer I is a self-motivated engineer who is capable of building and maintaining software applications that support diverse requirements. This role will become part of a highly skilled development organization with a focus on the delivery of high reliability, integrated hardware/software solutions designed to improve Jabil’s internal and external manufacturing processes while enhancing the user experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot software applications (C# and .NET).
· Design, develop, and troubleshoot test scripts.
· Develop test instrumentation libraries and submit them along with full documentation to the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers for review.
· Assist in developing and maintaining databases.
· Assist in development, enhancement and support of database applications.
· Assist in data reporting from databases.
· Participate in regular code reviews with Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Troubleshoot and provide bug fixes for production released software.
· Install, monitor, and manage file and web application servers under the direction of the Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers.
· Assist the Project Manager as well as Senior and Principal Software Test Engineers by providing information that will aid in the software development quoting process.
· Communicate with team members to clarify design requirements and overcome obstacles in order to meet organizational goals.
· Provide input to identify and mitigate technical project risks.
· Participate in regular project reviews with the Principal Software Test Engineer, Project Manager and key project stakeholders.
· Use software versioning and revision control system (such as Subversion) to maintain current and historical versions of all code projects.
· Collaborate with the IT team to complete projects.
· Provide a complete data package to the Project Manager consisting of project requirements, design documentation, and source code.
· Follow department processes and procedures.
· Comply with company security and safety policies.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge and demonstrated ability to handle all stages of SDLC.
· Knowledge and strong experience with TCP/IP networking.
· Demonstrate a working technical knowledge in database design, administration and development.
· Experience developing scripts in JabilTest, LabVIEW, LabWindows, Tcl, Perl, Python, or UNIX shell.
· Experience developing Windows applications in C# and .NET technologies.
· Understand the concept of multitasking or multi-threaded applications.
· Understand the concept of critical regions as well as methods to protect and avoid critical regions.
· Experience using software versioning and revision control systems.
· Positive team player attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of motivation to learn new software technologies that will enhance job performance.
· Fundamental understanding of server configuration & management.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.