Performs complex inspection of circuit boards and assemblies to ensure they conform to required quality requirements, standards and procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs intricate visual inspection of assemblies and sub assemblies ensuring they conform to requirements
- Reads visual aids, engineering change notices, special instructions and applies knowledge of electrical principles and IPC standards to determine acceptance or rejection of circuit boards and assemblies
- Enters standardized information into the MES system to record pass or failure of circuit boards and assemblies
- Determines cause and effect of defects and refers findings to manufacturing
- Reviews and approves solutions and refers unresolved issues to QA Group Leader and/or Quality leadership for resolution
- Trains other employees on quality processes and procedures
- Maintains quality records of inspection activities
- Works safely at all times and complies with Environmental Health and Safety standards and work practices along with all other work rules
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two years relevant work experience or equivalent training
- Advanced reading, writing and math skills (12th grade level)
- Basic PC skills (opening and closing programs, keyboarding skills) and familiarity with MS Windows
- Able to work independently and cope with changing priorities on multiple workcells
- Acquire and maintain Certified IPC Specialist Certification and Jabil QC Certification
- Pass gage R&R test annually
Employee may be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
THESE POSITIONS ARE FIRST SHIFT
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
*** We are doing referral bonuses so if you were referred by a current Jabil employee, please make sure to list their name when you apply for the position. ***
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.