This is a journeyman level machinist position where the operator can operate most or all machines in the shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operate a wide variety of machine tool equipment such as a drill press, lathe, milling machine, CNC, and other hand and power machines.
· Works from blueprints, sketches, production diagrams, engineering drawings and verbal instructions to fabricate a variety of machined components.
· Makes shop calculations using handbook formulas to layout patterns and determine tooling feeds and speeds.
· Inspects parts using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, and calipers.
· Programs a variety of machines.
· Provide work leadership to others.
· Work with production control to allocate jobs to the machinists so that work is completed on schedule and everyone is doing their fair share of work.
· Ensure that there are sufficient resources to get work out on schedule. This includes manpower, machinery, tooling, material, etc.
· Maintain equipment and perform preventive maintenance. Maintain records of maintenance. Arrange for outside service repair of equipment as required.
· Train new employees if assigned.
· Performs other job functions as assigned
· Ability to read complex math and angles
· Complex blue print reading.
· Capable of performing some heavy labor, ability to lift 50-75 lbs.
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Strong working knowledge of hand measuring and inspection tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School/GED or higher education preferred
· 5+ years experience as a machinist; familiarity with CNC, Lathe and manual machines a plus
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.