Direct and manage all new automation capital equipment purchases, programs and builds for the packaging business unit from quoting through design and final approval.
Designs, fabricates, modifies, evaluates and documents molded assemblies, components, and systems to produce or improve company products and facilitate manufacturing operations. Develops data and makes preliminary sketches, lay-outs and notes required to present design proposals. Researches basic design factors such as ease of manufacture and availability of materials and equipment. Works with other organizations impacted by design development. Incumbents in this position are considered to be a Subject Matter Expert in Engineering or Sub-specialty.
May perform work in a specific sub-specialty such as Automation, Mechanical Engineering, Mold Design, or Tooling. Please see addendum for specific sub-specialty requirements. This description is designed to capture the general elements of Engineering work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Subject matter expert in the design and development of complex plastic molded sub-assemblies, components, and packaging.
· Uses independent judgment and contributes to the development of innovative and advanced design concepts requiring complex molded solutions.
· Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical interface and/or company representative with customers.
· Directs manufacturing in trouble-shooting problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, and methods development.
· Leads product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to enhance manufacturing and assembly.
· Constantly Researching new technology or development tools to identify innovative techniques and processes for application to complex design projects.
· Thorough understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to incorporate these into assigned engineering projects.
· Lead role in large, complex projects with broad scope and implications for organization.
· Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional and national regulatory requirements, codes and controls.
· Supports all company safety and quality programs initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Technical responsibility for design and development of automation requirement specification and systems concepts and installs automation and transfer automation programs to production in a smooth and timely manner.
· Complex understanding of processes and manufacturing techniques
· Subject Matter Expert in applicable engineering theories, design principles and practices, and design evaluation techniques.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.