Assist in planning, directing, and coordinating EHS compliance activities through functional teams, direction of plant manager and direction from EHS Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Assist in the development and implementation of plant specific policies, procedures, and programs to achieve and maintain compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
● Develop and implement adequate EHS programs and systems (including records) in order to maintain and demonstrate regulatory compliance as well as comply with Division policies and procedures.
● Prepare and submit request for environmental permits relating to air quality, solid wastes, water quality, and transpiration of hazardous materials and waste to BU EHS Mgr for approval.
● Develop and maintain records necessary to comply with relevant laws and regulations.
● Prepare and submit reports to document compliance activities.
● Assist in maintaining environmental and health/safety records.
● Identify and develop good working relationships with state and local authorities (i.e., state/local environmental and safety agencies, wastewater authorities, fire departments, etc.) as well as appropriate internal Environmental, Health and Safety contacts.
● Maintain working knowledge of federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and identify all requirements that apply, or may apply, to the facility.
● Develop and implement training programs for all required elements of the EHS Management system.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
● Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
● Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
● Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
● Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
● Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● BS in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental related discipline.
● 3 - 5 years experience, including 1-2 years supervisory experience
· Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.