Leads large and/or complex engineering projects from initiation through to completion. Coordinates project planning, staffing, progress reporting, people management and troubleshooting for engineering projects. Ensures project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads the implementation of complex and/or large engineering projects, understanding and driving regulatory and compliance certifications as appropriate (eg. regulatory requirements surrounding ISO9000, ISO14000, AS9100, TUV).
· Participates and may lead product or manufacturing development meetings, making recommendations for change.
· In conjunction with project, implements best practices for equipment/manufacturing layout for maximum efficiency and cycle time optimization.
· Leads complex projects relating to new technical developments and processes.
· Controls project budget.
· Provides engineered solutions to complex equipment problems
· Delivers quotes for projects including new equipment costs, labor, maintenance costs, etc.
· Drive continuous improvement and optimization utilizing proactive methodologies and trend analysis.
· Assess the adequacy of data gathering methods utilized by the teams.
· During project implementation, leads the preparation, monitoring and evaluation of equipment set-ups, manufacturing layout, and process changes and/or corrective actions.
· Assesses manufacturing and engineering capabilities; identifying and suggesting solutions for any immediate need or enhancements.
· Provide ongoing direction and training on process development, root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
· Drives proactive participation with suppliers and (when possible) aid in their process improvement efforts.
· Interface and provide technical support on quality issues with the customer as needed.
· Assist Design Engineers with Design for Manufacture issues.
· Knowledge of Jabil operating policies and procedures required
· Knowledge and experience of engineering in manufacturing environment
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
· Minimum 6-8 years work-related experience required in engineering or project management related discipline.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.