Procure all components necessary to support production or prototype builds. In conjunction, responsibilities include; accomplishing the best possible pricing, lead time agreements, resolution of quality issues, delivery and inventory levels.
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Graduate/Junior Buyer in a fast-paced environment.
- Leaving Certificate/or Relevant Third Level Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and strong IT skills.
- Systems experience or a clear demonstration of the ability to learn to use systems quickly.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Procure stock inventory materials, components and packaging. Ensure materials availability to support production through MRP execution. Support equipment and services procurement.
- Compliance responsibilities for the procurement function ensuring that all records are kept up-to-date and audit presentable.
- Maintaining supplier records; sending supplier set up forms, and analyzing the documents returned for full completion. Implementing checks to current records for audit compliance.
- Placing purchase orders according to established policies and procedures, including any returns. Following up on supplier purchase orders, and regular generation of supplier forecasts.
- Supplier relationship management; interacting with suppliers and customers via telephone, email and meetings. Regularly assess supplier performance according to established metrics and procedures.
- Purchasing specifications management; generation of specifications, upload of approved documents to NWQS and filing of same.
- Preparation of documentation for reporting at regular Supply Chain meetings; evaluating supplier performance and reliability through formal reporting with defined metrics of Quality Delivery and Performance.
- Support new site projects as a Supply Chain representative; managing the critical path and ensuring key dates are met, highlighting any issues to the project team/manager.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.