*** SIGN-ON BONUS AND RETENTION BONUS FOR THIS ROLE***
Provides the highest level of expertise required to service, repair and “return-to-operation” molds that are actively engaged in producing quality products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintains customer satisfaction by maintaining and directing the maintenance of molds and ancillary equipment used in producing product.
· Ensures the quality fabrication and maintenance of injection molds, dies jigs, fixtures and other devices used in furthering production of the customers’ parts.
· Enhances team efficiency by training and directing less experienced mold repair personnel.
· Oversees and performs preventive maintenance on molds and on mold performance tracking the maintenance with accurate and timely documentation.
· Provides process improvement recommendations and forecasts any potential quality or production issues from tooling lead.
· Runs all manual shop equipment as required.
· Troubleshoots and analyzes problems before any repairs are initiated.
· Supports production by repairing, adjusting and maintaining all forms of equipment used in the production process.
· Supplies expertise and direct action in modifying molds to produce a superior quality product.
· Maintains stock inventories by ensuring the proper levels of component parts are available at all times for tooling repair.
· Improves the efficiency and accuracy of molded products by the documenting reasons for mold repairs and solutions to prevent future manufacturing interruptions.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Industry and Plastics Mold Knowledge
· Problem Solving/Trouble Shooting
· Detail Oriented
· Master Craftsmen Ability
· Team Participation Skills
· Training/Mentoring Skills
· Ability to Operate All Manual Mold Shop Equipment and Machines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 to 4 years as Toolmaker Level I or equivalent experience; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Must be familiar with electrical and hydraulic circuits using diagrams, blueprints, and electrical circuit test meters and methods.
- Ability to read and write English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, procedure manuals, and blueprints.
- Ability to perform basic math and interpret and executive work instructions.
- Moderate physical demands; bending, pushing, pulling, climbing, lifting upwards of 50 to 75 pounds, standing for long periods of time.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.