Assists in translating business strategy into work programs and processes for an assigned customer account(s) (Business Unit). May provide guidance to lower-level positions while gaining extensive knowledge and skills through education and experience to manage a customer relationship. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with minimal supervision or review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Trains and gathers knowledge and experience to qualify for future Business Unit Manager opportunities within 2-3 years, depending upon business need.
· Manages a piece of the customer relationship (e.g., new product introduction, product line, transferring business to another Jabil site, materials management, etc.) through direct interaction with customers.
· Prepares materials for Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
· Prepares commercial claims (e.g. excess and obsolete materials).
· Contributes to the forecast & variance process in Company’s financial system.
· Assists the Business Unit Managers in day to day business needs and workcell management.
· Supports Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process.
· Supports continuous improvement initiatives.
· Provides indirect leadership to more junior positions on team (e.g., Customer Service Administrators, etc.)
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Displays potential for developing leadership skills with ability to move into a higher level role, i.e., Business Unit Manager
· Solid project management skills.
· Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
· Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
· Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
· Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
· Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
· Strong and convincing communication skills.
· Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· Seven (7) to ten (10) years work-related experience required in cross-functional environment.
· Solid understanding of costing and profitability concepts
· Contract Manufacturing working experience
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.