Responsible for identifying strategic product and/or company acquisition candidates as well as the establishment of creative new research and development ventures and strategic alliances.
Responsible for process development, training and support of inventory control systems, tools and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the functional expert for all inventory control related systems and tools
- Contribute significantly to all stages of business development: candidate identification, commercial assessment, business terms development, deal negotiation and implementation.
- Develop current and future business expectations and drive within organization.
- Coordinate and facilitate training for the plant in terms of new hires, new functionality, and upgrades.
- Track and communicate all changes/enhancements to existing planning systems including upgrades to current systems.
- Understand standardized departmental functions, processes, procedures, and systems.
- Clearly understand all operational elements of Jabil’s Business.
- Assist with integration of mergers and acquisition activities into mainstream.
- Introduce and support corporate provided/designed tools.
- Evaluate and monitor the current processes and tools to determine their ability to meet the department’s business needs.
- Provide support for the plant for all system tools and related issues.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Exchange knowledge and information with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the Jabil organization.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of Jabil’s software packages.
- Ability to tailor advanced quality tools training to all levels of the organization.
- Multilingual a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year University.
- 3-5 years Jabil experience required strongly preferred
- 2-3 years business development required.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.