***SIGN-ON BONUS OF $1000USD*** (T&Cs Apply)
Our facility in Gurnee, IL has two openings for a Production Supervisor on the Night Shift.
This Vacancy have the following work schedule of 12-hour shifts as follows:
FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY and every other MONDAY
Our ideal candidate has:
*Proven track record supervising a team
*Ideally experience with high injection molding machines
Oversee production processes and establishes assists Supervisor in establishing production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for talent management including: hiring, training (prior to job assignment and continuous evaluation), performance management, disciplinary actions/attendance, annual performance review and addressing issues as they arise.
- Plans and prepares production schedules ensuring adequate lead time of each assembly. Schedules and assigns shift employees based on production needs.
- Revise schedules according to work order specifications; establish priorities based on availability and/or capability of workers, parts, material, machines and equipment.
- Prepares production reports/shift rundowns and schedules and reviews at site morning communication meetings.
- Ensures cGMP, OSHA, ISO and SOP compliance of all activities performed on the shift. Responsible for completeness of shift paperwork.
- Confers with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards. Also assists in obtaining Obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered. Helps to minimize excessive material on production floor.
- Assists in the coordination of Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and discusses production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems with production supervisors.
- Assists in Responsible for the minimization of scrap and materials request order (MRO) usage. Ensures that each workstation has a clean operating area. Assists in the implementation of Implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve metrics.
- Monitors all production metrics and completes monthly “report card”. Seeks continued improvement in lowering line and plant defects per million (DPM).
- Ensures that line employees read, understand and adhere to appropriate policies and procedures. Ensures proper stocking and availability of operation supplies and equipment.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication between departments and shifts.
- Escalates compliance and production issues to top management as required.
- Assists in monitoring the SPC system to fix repetitive and recognize problems immediately. Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data.
- Supports management during internal and external audits.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Production Supervisor
- Job is directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management). Job title example(s) of employees directly supervised:
- Strong knowledge of global and regional logistics operations and industry.
- Strong proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Strong financial and analytical ability. Proficiency in managing business analytics to determine optimum company footprint.
- Strong knowledge of international direct and indirect taxes as well as global customs regimes.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Strong and convincing communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- At least 2 years experience.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.