Under limited supervision, performs a variety of routine operations for mechanical assembly line production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assembles units using visual aids, verbal and/or written work instruction.
· Prepare parts for box build/final assembly.
· Assemble units with proper hardware sequence.
· Assemble units using rivets guns, electrical screwdrivers, small hand tools and air compressor tools.
· Properly documenting problems that occur.
· Using Bill of Material (BOM) to verify P/N and items description as needed.
· Using SAP for confirmation duties.
· Operate simple equipment including swage, wire prep, contact system, preset dies, cut off machines, etc.
· May perform board masking manually.
· May be required to work overtime.
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Ability to read and communicate in English. Must be able to comprehend verbal and/or written instructions and other documentation.
· Knowledge of ESD.
· Knowledge of Safety.
· Hardware ID.
· Successful completion of IPC-A-610 training class
· Understanding items description on Bill of Material (BOM).
· Able to use rivets guns, electrical screwdrivers, small-hand tools and air compressor tools.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· One to three years progressive experience in a related field of work.
· Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Read and understand visual aid. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Must be able to calculate quantity of parts to be prepped and ready for use at any time. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual may be required to sit, stand or walk. Reaching, bending, loading, and unloading of boards and reels is mandatory, as is lifting of up to 35 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and use of microscope and/or magnifying glass.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual’s primary workstation is located on the manufacturing floor. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.