Provides technical leadership and is responsible for determining the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or network-based cloud product systems. Creates, evaluates and implements plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality. This is an expert-level role requiring independent action to establish methods and procedures on new and/or special assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Know and understand Jabil business strategy
- Know and understand Jabil IT strategy & objectives
- Define the overall solution architecture consistent with Jabil’s methodology
- Be responsible for the technical solution by providing leadership for the customer, project manager, domain architects, domain specialists and application engineers to advance and deliver solutions
- Consult and Inform Enterprise Architects and Senior IT Architects to design and deliver solutions
- Earn trust of clients and management
- Assess merits of alternative technical approaches and gain consensus for best approach
- Learn, follow, promote, and improve recognized methodologies to design and deliver solutions
- Ensure that the non-functional requirements are satisfied including, but not limited to, security, disaster recovery, availability, and performance
- Researches technology and industry trends to hone both personal and Jabil’s competitive edge
- Through modeling or prototyping, validate solution prior to full implementation
- Develop expertise in one of the following disciplines: Enterprise Architecture, Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture, Technology Infrastructure Architecture
- Mentor IT professionals
- Drive storage strategies and recommend industry best practices for storage and data protections solutions, provide proactive storage forecasting, design and deploy effective storage solutions, research new and emerging technologies
- Collaborate with other technology, enterprise architects and senior engineers to design and architect holistic IT infrastructure solutions in response to the business needs of Jabil.
- Research and development of technical solutions to fulfill a business or technical objective.
- Technical platform or ecosystem definition – Reference Architecture hardware, software, interdependence and integration elements.
- Prototype solution prior to full implementation. Prototype should serve as a proof of concept.
- Ensure Service Quality Assurance & Engineering of solution.
- Actively prepared to “sell” the overall technical architecture and solution process, its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication or marketing activities needed to ensure success and use. This could include Solution Review Council (SRC) and Architecture Review Board (ARB) process approvals.
- Reference architecture documentation and training to peer teams.
- Initial commissioning of solution into production in coordination with build and run teams.
- Develop project plans and influence project organization
- Apply recognized system sizing methodology
- Vet change(s) with respect to scope, schedule, cost, risk, etc.
- Cross train staff to reduce delivery risk
- Define processes & methods necessary to support delivery/deployment
- Define management tools to support production environment
- Utilize Lean Six Sigma or other methods to identify & provide guidance on organizational improvement opportunities
- Perform root cause analysis and remediation actions
- Contribute to Jabil IP though development and submission of patents
Policy & Procedures
- Comply with IT policy, procedure, and process
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
Training & Development
- Define technical job content & qualifications of key roles required to support technical infrastructure
- Work closely with management to assess and aid the development of staff skill sets
- Assist management to assess and help resolve staffing knowledge gaps
- Publish and present to customers, IT leaders and business executives
- Engage with vendors and third parties as needed
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff
- Develop peer relationships with Senior IT Architects
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to management.
- The purpose of this role is not primarily managerial, and the job is typically NOT directly responsible for managing employees (e.g., hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Extensive experience of architecture and engineering technical solutions with IT Systems, Data-centers and Edge infrastructure (VMware, Hyper-V, containers) and hybrid cloud.
- Hands on experience designing infrastructure solutions with Storage platforms including the public cloud (AWS, Azure), NetApp and EMC technologies.
- Proven experience and deep understanding of data protection and disaster recovery technologies (i.e. Commvault, ASR, etc.)
- Comprehensive understanding of IT process and best practices related to Enterprise SAN, NAS, Object storage, Switch fabric and cloud storage gateways
- Solid understanding of all components & interrelationships of a technology architecture – monitoring, security, endpoints, networking, databases, application, software development, IAM, DR and data protection.
- Knowledge and experience with server-side technologies
- Knowledge and experience with client-side technologies e.g., Node, Angular
- Knowledge and experience of cloud technologies
- Knowledge and desirable experience of one or more languages e.g., powershell, ansible, etc.
- Knowledge in an Agile methodology
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of Architectural Principles and methods
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work with limited direction with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Customer service skills as well as effective communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems expected
- 8 to 10 years of experience in a related discipline
- Or, equivalent combination of education, training, or experience and industry certifications i.e. Azure Solutions Architect
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.